Sometimes I like stuff. Sometimes, I also blog about liking stuff. Here’s that stuff.
For a short time I was gifted with the chance to work some amazing folks in Animefringe, which was possibly the best anime/manga/weeaboo webzine EVER. Why they let me in I have no clue, they even once let me do a mailbag which was something I always wanted a crack since the reading GamePlayers. Sadly after my third month there I became really ill, missed my deadline and was so embarrassed I never logged back on there ever again. But for those three months it was amazing. They closed down shop at the end of 2005, but you should really go and read the archives, it’s totally great. But since this all about me, I’ve linked the stuff I wrote below.
- “Full Metal Huh?!?”
Well Partially Metal just wouldn’t cut it!
- What if 4Kids Got Naruto?
Because trashing Slayers was just NOT ENOUGH!
- Late Night with Wufei
Hey if anyone could throw down as a late night talk show host…
Before there was OddType, there was The Phat Bishounen. Behold, this is the era where I actually wrote stuff!
- The Bishie Krew Takes on Metropolis – 4/13/2002
An epic adventure full of handwritten napkins and Plum Juice!
- Slayerz Trashed – 4/23/2002
This is the once-was anime you weren’t supposed to know about.
- The Rare Third Party Anime – 5/2/2002
Before the Microsoft, much was speculated on the future of this company. This is one of those stories…
- Carl Macek is my Anime Con Yaoi Love Buddy – 5/10/2002
The greatest yaoi fic you’ll ever read.
- When Cabbits Attack! – 5/17/2002
When cuteness kills. Film at 11.
- Link and Silent Mario Strike Back! – 5/26/2002
Cel-shading took Link’s job away from him, and he wants answers!
- Anime Crossing – 12/05/2003
It’s cartoon crossovers that shouldn’t.
- The True Terror of Ragnarock – 12/12/2003
Because you never when they’ll come for you next.
- The Standard Blog/LiveJournal Post – 12/05/2003
The template upon which all others are made.
- Why I Say Final Fantasy 8 Sucks – 12/12/2003
Because it really does.
- Chrno Crusade aka “Nunsing” aka “WTH?” – 12/12/2003
Why Studio Gonzo’s latest hit is yet again another flop.